We are currently looking to fill the position of Parish Administrator
Funding for the position of Parish Administrator must be approved as part of the annual parish budget. Compensation for this position must be in accords with the Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Church and with those of the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York. In addition, the Administrator is expected to comply with all Parish and Diocesan Policies and Procedures
In accords with Church canons, the Administrator shall report to the Clergy-in-Charge (Rector) of the Parish. In the event that there is no Clergy-in-Charge, the Administrator will report to the Senior Warden.
Annually, the Rector will review job performance with the Administrator, and any concerns should be raised at that time. Should any problem or concern require attention before the review, the employee may follow the steps outlined in the complaints and grievance policy.
At all times, the Administrator is expected to work in a professional and courteous manner consistent with the role as the public face and voice of the parish.
Work Week, Holidays, Vacations
The work week shall be 16 hours per week.
The following holidays shall be recognized and paid at the normal hourly rate for a regular workday; New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
For holidays that fall on a non-workday, a floating holiday of the employee’s choice may be substituted.
The employee may also use up to 48 Personal Time Off (PTO) hours in a calendar year. When possible, a minimum 24-hour notice is expected prior to using PTO time.
Employee will be paid twice monthly.
Employee must submit a time sheet for approval to the Rector or other designated person at the end of each pay period.
Duties for the position of Administrator are as outlined below, but are not limited to the following
- Office Manger
- Maintain supply of needed office and building consumables and supplies
- Arrange for maintenance and service of all office equipment
- Assist other parish employees as needed
- Work closely with church committees
- Facilities Management
- Coordinate facility usage and maintain a schedule of events
- Coordinate all outside vendor services, including snow removal, mowing and custodial.
- Point of Contact with outside groups using parish facilities
- Coordinate and communicate with representative of the Preschool
- Coordinate with all mandated facilities inspectors.
- Office Receptionist
- Greet visitors, provide directions to events or persons, and provide other such assistance as accords with the role of receptionist
- Answer the phones and respond to voice messages left during off-hours
- Respond to or forward emails as appropriate
- Transfer calls to the appropriate party
- Take messages as needed
- Make reservations and travel arrangements for persons on Parish business
- Arrange meetings and events occurring during the normal work week (as defined above)
- Coordinate Parish Correspondence, Communications & Reports
- Pick up mail from Post Office
- Read and route incoming mail
- Prepare correspondence as requested
- Assist Newsletter Editor in promulgation of newsletter to all recipients.
- Prepare all parish mailings
- Prepare and compile materials for Annual Parish Meeting
- Prepare and Compile materials for monthly Vestry meeting
- Regularly update bulletin boards
- Assist Rector in preparation of Annual Parochial Report
- Prepare outgoing mail, email and faxes
- File System Management
- Maintain up-to-date Parish Directory and distribution lists
- Organize and maintain all office files
- Prepare for storage of required files (financial records, vestry minutes)
- Worship Administration
- Create and collate printed materials as needed for regular worship services
- Prepare bulletins for special services; funerals, weddings, etc
- Work with worship server coordinator to set volunteer schedule and inform persons scheduled of their worship ministry assignments
- Record altar flower donations and order flowers
- Assist Treasurer
- Prepare and mail quarterly pledge statements
- Manage accounts payable system
- Maintain schedule of Collection Plate counters
- Record pledge payments
- The Administrator may be assigned other projects of short duration by the Rector from time to time as needed
To apply please send an email expressing interest with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your resume Monday -Friday between 8am and Noon in our offices at 5402 W. Genesee St, Camillus, NY